It is important that lighting in playgrounds does not dazzle either those playing or those standing nearby.
To bear in mind
- Supplement post-mounted lighting by illuminating the surrounding vegetation to enhance the sense of security.
- All children have different needs. The playground must be suitable for children of all ages, even those with disabilities.
- Children also need to play when it is dark. Remember to illuminate the playground in the evenings and during the darker period of the year.
Azur Post LED
On Ground LED
Social spaces put people in focus and it is therefore important that there is no glare.It is better to have more, weaker light points than a few bright light points. The result is more balanced light that is more pleasant.
To bear in mind
- Select luminaires that are a decorative element even during the day when they are switched off.
- Try using lighting at different heights to define outdoor spaces, as this will make a good impression.
- Post top luminaires are excellent for general lighting, when the light is spread over a wider area.
- For more contained lighting, bollards are often used with a lower light point height. A bollard can also create lighting effects on the ground that can help to highlight objects or level differences in the environment.
- Light on elements such as benches, water and greenery can help to support both social interaction and spatial perception.
- Select as high a IK class as possible for luminaires in exposed locations. Remember that a beautiful location is rarely vandalised as often as a gloomier location.