Checklist of actions when the luminaire does not ignite or work correctly.
What should be done if…
1. The luminaire does not ignite?
- Is the luminaire installed and connected in accordance with the installation instructions?
- Is the correct driver connected to the luminaire?
- Has the luminaire been connected to the driver before connecting the mains voltage?
- Check the supply voltage in the luminaire's terminal block.
- Is + and - connected correctly between luminaire and driver?
- Switch off the power and turn it on again!
2. The earth-fault breaker or fuse trips when the lighting is igniting?
- There could be an earth fault or short circuit in the luminaire group.
- Too many luminaires in the same circuit, please refer to the product sheet.
- A measurement instrument connected incorrectly to the power circuit can trip an earth-fault breaker.
3. The fluorescent lamp’s cathode glows, but the lamp doesn’t ignite?
- Mains voltage too low. Measure the voltage on the luminaire.
- The starter in a luminaire with a conventional ballast could be defective.
- There is a fluorescent lamp in the luminaire with the wrong output/type or wrong HF-ballast.
4. There is a problem with the dimming system?
- Always check before connecting that the luminaires are intended for the control unit used.