Social spaces put people in focus and it is therefore important that there is no glare.It is better to have more, weaker light points than a few bright light points. The result is more balanced light that is more pleasant.
To bear in mind
- Select luminaires that are a decorative element even during the day when they are switched off.
- Try using lighting at different heights to define outdoor spaces, as this will make a good impression.
- Post top luminaires are excellent for general lighting, when the light is spread over a wider area.
- For more contained lighting, bollards are often used with a lower light point height. A bollard can also create lighting effects on the ground that can help to highlight objects or level differences in the environment.
- Light on elements such as benches, water and greenery can help to support both social interaction and spatial perception.
- Select as high a IK class as possible for luminaires in exposed locations. Remember that a beautiful location is rarely vandalised as often as a gloomier location.
Azur Post LED
A post top luminaire with a minimalist and contemporary yet robust design, Azur post can be optimised with a range of different control options for a tailored, energy efficient output.
An omnidirectional post top luminaire in a classic design producing safe and secure ambiences in park and close-to-the-building environments. CLO for output consistency as standard.
On Ground LED
An ultra-robust ground floodlight that sits above the ground, avoiding many of the traditional operational issues of ground floodlights and creating beautiful exteriors even in demanding environments.
With a choice of three beam angles PoleLITE creates both a sense of security and beautiful surroundings. Easily adjustable, single or multiple fittings can be added to new or existing posts.
Rondo G2 Power post
A post luminaire in single or twin configuration, with medium or wide beam. An efficient, minimalist solution for commercial areas, school playgrounds and parks. CLO for output consistency as standard.
Rondo G2 Visual Twin
A robust wall luminaire with up and downlight. Medium or wide beam distribution on the downlight and a small proportion of indirect light. Partly screen printed acrylic glass adds a subtle design element. CLO for output consistency as standard.