- Flow chart for light planning - Fagerhult
Flow chart for light planning
1. Analysis of the planning objective
- Define the activities and different visual work that may be performed in the premises at different times of the day.
- Define the lighting demands with regard to safety, visual needs and the visual experience.
- Examine the need for emergency lighting. Define the aims for energy consumption, environment and maintenance of the lighting installation.
2. Analysis of planning conditions
- Define applicable provisions, standards, recommendations as well as special demands from the client and users.
- Define the conditions for lighting the room, the type of workplace and its working area, etc.
- Investigate the conditions for the premises’ design, furnishings, type of monitors, flexibility, daylight and the character of the premises.
- Establish the economic prerequisites for the installation and the maintenance conditions for the lighting installation.
3. Overall planning
- Investigate the conditions for interaction between electric light and natural daylight. Check the possibility of daylight screening.
- Investigate which light sources, luminaires and lighting systems best satisfy the demands aims and conditions.
- Investigate the possibilities for lighting control to increase comfort and improve energy usage.
- Investigate the overall co-ordination with other installations, colour setting and furnishings.
4. Detailed planning
- Evaluate the different lighting systems; technically, visually and economically.
- Establish the lighting system’s optimal maintenance factors taking the maintenance conditions into consideration.
- Make a financial evaluation by calculating the life cycle costs based on the investment, operation and maintenance.
- Compare the selected lighting systems with regard to other installations, colour setting, furnishings and the chosen equipment.
- Should be prepared as shown to the right with supplements according to the client’s wishes.
- Include Installation drawings, control and assembly instructions as well as associated lists of light sources and luminaires.
- Lighting calculations and visualisations that verify under which conditions the system operates to the specified demands.
- Present calculation prerequisites and the lighting system’s maintenance plan (see instructions in the Lighting template).