Excis has been especially designed for use in sport halls. The wire reinforced louvre and the solid steel design, complemented by its rounded edges, helps prevent balls and other elements from being caught in the luminaire. As is essential for these spaces Excis provides a glare-free light even from high ceilings.
- The luminaires in a sports hall must also be robust and impact resistant, with a durable louvre or guard.
- With the help of an occupancy detector that switches off the lights after a period of inactivity it is possible to make significant energy savings.
- It is common for a sports hall to be divided into several sections with the help of partition walls, so that parallel lessons can take place in smaller areas. Automatic division of the lighting with the use of partition walls is possible with a control system.
- Check the vertical illumination (possibly) at the playing surface so the level is sufficient to see balls and faces in a good way.
- Luminaires must have an excellent cut-off to avoid glare as pupils regulary look up towards the ceiling.